Conduct a patent search within 7 day
Starting At Rs. 5,249 Onwards
Procedure of Patent Application
General sources of patent searches
- Keyword Searches: Use of ideas and terms linked to the invention or area of interest by entering text characters as search terms. Using different terms like synonyms, spelling variations, acronyms also assists in locating records linked to the same technology area. This is generally used and the basic search category for patent searchers.
- Classification Searches: Precise codes have been selected to describe different technical fields that are used to classify patent documents. Patent documents are classified as per the subject matter of claims. Classification search benefits in recognizing patents to a precise technical field. This search is especially effective to open patents not having particular keywords used in searches but relating to the specific technology linking to the missing keywords.
- Structure Searches: Chemical structures can be searched on several databases where a molecule to molecule indexing of chemical structures is done. The searches are typically useful since keyword searches are frequently inadequate to recover appropriate structures or full versions of the structure of interest to the searcher.
- Sequence Searches: On the same lines to chemical structures, sequence searches are applied for nucleotide and protein series.
- Image Searches: Usually not given by primary databases, some search engines like Google permit image to image mapping search algorithm which assists in recognizing the same images. These searches can be typically helpful for mechanical and electromechanical inventions.
The blend of the above kinds of searches based on the nature of the project will be the most suitable and efficient search plan.
What Is Included In Our Package?
Prior Art Search
Steps for Searching Patents
Already knowing the patent number
The patent number is the easiest solution to patent information access because patent numbers are normally seen on manufactured objects. The collectors usually use patent numbers to locate information linking to a particular antique object. Despite at which date the patent was assigned, if you know the patent number, you can instantly pull up the full-text patent by searching option on our website LegalRaasta.
When not having a patent number
There is another way where you can search for patents by investor or topic though options differ depending on how far back you need to search. All searches are available on the internet.
If you recognize the patentee or assignee
Search by keyword it will make your search more east. LegalRaasta will enable you to define the field you want it to search in.
Already know the subject of the invention
If you do not have a precise patent in mind and just need to search for different patents by subject there are various distinct choices:
- Search by keyword
- Search a research database for a particular discipline and limit the search results to just patents.
How to Search for Patents
The way you search for patent information will depend on your purposes and what you know already. Your search can be centered on the appropriate technology, the markets you are interested in, or possibly what your competitors have preserved.
To make searching more comfortable, every patent is divided by its subject matter. Patent classification schemes have a tree-like structure, and all level of classification has a different reference code. Inventions are classified into technologies Example Engineering then it will further be divided into classes like mechanical engineering and then into subclasses like machines or equipment. Patent classification is a hierarchical system that incorporates a patent according to the state of technology it falls into. It performs managing and searching patents that fall into the identical technical group or sub-group easier.
There are various patent classifications like the International Patent Classification, Cooperative Patent Classification (CPC), etc.
The 2 main group schemes used by patent offices global are:
- The International Patent Classification there are about 70,000 different IPC codes. You can survey the class headings and do keyword searches on the WIPO website IPC page. We use this type of system as it’s more common.
- The Cooperative Patent Classification an expansion of the IPC. It’s together controlled by the European Patent Office and the US Trademark and Patent Office.
Searching using classification codes
Classification codes can be a helpful tool when examining inventions. Keyword searches alone can lead to very large numbers of results. Using classification codes collectively with keyword searches can assist you to focus results on an extra flexible level.
Usually, searchers will make a list of keywords that define the invention and recognize appropriate classification codes. Top-level classifications are helpful when the same term can be used to define an invention in varying technology fields. Lower order classifications can be helpful to narrow a search where a huge number of documents are reclaimed.
Significance of Patent Search
Before registering a patent application, a patent search can assist with various objectives like:
- Defining the probability of having a patent granted to a stated intention.
- Verifying the claims to be filed in the patent application.
- Deciding the freedom to operate.
- Settling whether a given patent can be invalidated.
- Understanding more about the same inventions and status of the same patent filings.
Creating and Refining Search Queries
- Truncation or Wildcard operators: It is a kind of operator that stands for an undefined number of characters in doubts.
- Proximity operators and Proximity operators search: Proximity operators search are based on the distance by several terms departing 2 keywords and even locate words in the same para.
- Boolean Operators: Main Boolean operators are AND, NOT, and OR that can be applied in all collections.
Guide before you start Patent Search
- You have multiple options when beginning a patent search. A professional is more likely to obtain prior art than you and will do it so quickly, so contact our expert team to do this for you.
- Doing your patent search, first, brainstorm a list of related keywords. With any search engine, online patent searches provide results only as good as the keywords. Therefore, high-grade keywords increase your chances of getting proper information. As there are more than thousands of patents. The best keywords might save you hours of searching by irrelevant patents.
- Valuable questions to ask yourself and answer in the most precise technical terms when building your keyword list are:
- What is my invention’s design?
- Is my invention a process or a product?
- What is my invention made of?
- How is my invention used?
Patent Portfolio Watch
Management of Intellectual Property has become a significant competitive field in global trade. A patent portfolio watch can assist a corporate experience and examine the technologies, patents, and market plans of various entities. An organized patent portfolio watch can support the Corporate be in the right alignment to face various market forces. Having a strong patent portfolio can have a large impact on the balance sheet of the company.
Our assistance in this upright include:
- Recognizing and gathering particular Intellectual Property assets of a given corporate
- Developing frameworks around various patent portfolios to help in effective extraction, preservation, and interpretation of IP assets
- Outlining readily understandable, significant Patent Portfolio Reports.
Advantages of patent research
- It highlights the amount of competition.
- It confirms that the idea of your invention has already been patented or not.
- It contributes to finding out what part of your invention shall make the most for patentability.
- It gives you the exclusive right to stop others from copying, manufacturing, selling, or importing your invention without your permission.