While planning to take a ride into the entrepreneurial world, just the business plan, leverage options, infrastructure alone would not suffice you through. Following a comprehensive list of all legal obligations and compliances is something will give a smooth start to your venture. However, Maharashtrians needs to obtain an extra license “The Gumasta License”.
Registration of Shops and Establishment is a compulsory under Maharashtra Shops and Establishment Act. Under this Act you need to get the registration and obtain the certificate from municipal Corporation for your newly set up shop or Business.
Gumasta license is basically a legal prerequisite governed by Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai under the Maharashtra Shops and Establishment act. It offers you a certified authority to carry out your business through shop or business place. This license is compulsory for any type of establishment, either a small trading business or a service provider.
Things to keep handy while getting yourself registered:
- PAN Card, which is the most important document for initiating any kind of Business registration in India
- An Address proof that can either be an electricity bill or a NOC from a buyer or the sale deed copy, anything will do.
- Application letter in the pre-determined format addressed to the Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai
- Authority Letter for Business
- Form-A that is an application for Registration within 30 days of beginning any work to the inspector of the city
- Government Prescribed Fees for a partnership Firm
- Partnership Deed
- Pan Card of the PARTNERSHIP Firm
- Partner’s ID Proof and address proof
- For a Private Limited company-Memorandum and Article Of association
- Certificate Of incorporation
- Director’s ID and Address proof
Online Procedure for Gumasta License
- Initiate your process through the link http://www.mcgm.gov.in
- Click on the citizen service button and then opt for Shops and establishment tab.
- You will get redirected to a new tab wherein you need to select “apply for registration “and then select “more” on the next page.
- Hop on to the very end option that is Shop and Establishment Registration wherein several choices will be given to you.
- You are to pick the “Add” option and fill-up the form once again.
- After you’re done with entering the asked information, enter the Challan number so obtained upon payment of the relevant fees at the bank.
- Now that you’re about done, click on the “submit” button upon that A UTN will be made by the system.
- Now print the form and take it to the Gumasta Office along with the appropriate documents as are noted above.
How to check the status of your application?
The tracking facility enables you to trace the status of your application and know any mistakes on your part during the application process.
You may either visit the most next Citizen facility Centre or check the “status facility” accessible on the citizen portal to have a close eye on your application. However, you need to keep your unique application number handy which is given to you at the time of registration.
Early registration of your license is approved since these licenses are an essential part of your business that not only assures smooth operation of your business but also manages the long-term survival and growth of your business. So, to ensure that your newly incorporated business is in good standing, secure a Gumasta right away.
You can even apply for Gusmasta License with the help of experts at LegalRaahi. The process is quite simple and easy. It will surely save your time. You just require to visit us and fill a simple form that will update us with your basic data that will be needed to file Gumasta License.
Soon, our executive will get in touch with you regarding the document’s submission. After submitting all the documents with us, now it’s our responsibility to help you with a license. You work is done! Now just have patience and wait for your license.
If you are confused as a company owner, you can always consult the experts. You can get detailed help on GST Registration and GST Return Filing. You can also use our GST software for doing all GST compliance. Also, more services registration and licenses at Legalraahi.