Since every corporate or business is now operating in order with the norms of Goods and Service Tax(GST), there is a requirement to register as well as login to carry out the normal functioning of the business. You may learn more about GST to update yourself on GST full form. Now, for the ones who are logging in for their time using GST and those availing services like GST existing user login, must follow different processes that will be discussed here.
Registration as a user
The first step is to register oneself as a GST user. For this, the following steps need to be followed
- Go to the official website and apply for the registration
- The most important document being the PAN card, other documents vary according to the type of business. This could be a sole proprietorship, Public company, One person company, normal partnership, Limited Liability partnership, and so on.
- The supplier gets a 15 digit GST Identification Number (GSTIN) and certificate of registration.
GST existing user login
If there is an existing GST user, please login by following these steps
- www.gst.gov.in is the link which will redirect to the GST website
- The login feature is available on the top right corner
- Now, on this page enter the Username that you created
- Then, enter the Password
- Finally, enter the Captcha code and click on the Login button
- You will be re-directed towards the dashboard as shown below. Click continue to proceed.
First time user
For those who’re first time users, follow these simple steps
- There is a separate option available on the downward side for those who are logging in for the first time.
- After clicking on the option, enter the 15-digit GSTIN provided to you at the beginning of the registration.
- You will be directed to a screen where you need to enter Provisional Id/GSTIN and password to log in
Services offered by GST Portal
There are multiple services offered by the GST Portal. Some of these are
- Your registrations can be amended (Core and Non-core fields)
- There is an option for Application for cancellation of Registration
- Application/withdrawal from composition levy
- Stock Intimation for composition levy
- You could view Electronic Cash/Credit Ledger
- Filing GST returns and forms
- Track returns and forms filed
- You could view challan history and make payments of GST
- Furnishing LUT for exports
- You could file for Grievances / Complaints
- Filing of Advance ruling Applications
- An option of Refunds and Tracking of briefs of Invoices transmitted to ICEGATE for Refunds is available.
The common issues faced during GST’s existing user Login
There are some issues that you can face during GST’s existing user login. while In case you forget your username, there is an option on the front page to generate a new one using your GSTIN.
You need to enter your GSTIN and it will generate an OTP which will be sent to your registered email id and mobile number. Once the OTP is checked on both ends, you are required to generate a new username.
There is also an option of Forget password. Click on it and then you will be directed to a page where you need to feed your username and generate an OTP (One Time Password).
This OTP will be sent to your email id and Phone number. Feed this OTP within the stipulated time and then generate a new password for your username.
OTP not Received
If you don’t receive the OTP, the first time, try hitting the resend OTP button. If the problem continues to exist in receiving the OTP in your email, there is a probability that the mail could have been sent in your spam folder, so check that.
In case you want your OTP in your phone number and there is still no OTP, hit the resend button. After that, if there is still no sign of OTP, try checking the phone number that you have entered. You could go to settings to check whether your phone number is not added in “do-not-disturb” services.
Access Denied Error
Sometimes, even after you log in as an existing GST user login on the GST portal, sometimes “Access Denied” error is shown as shown below
Any other issue
If you are facing any other issue relating to the existing user login on the GST portal, you can register the complaint on the grievance redressal portal for GST (https://selfservice.gstsystem.in/)
For a GST existing user login, this could be due to various reasons.
- Firstly, check if someone else has logged on at the same time using the same GSTIN credentials. Both the sessions expire if this issue occurs.
- Another reason could be if your password expires. The procedure in order to retrieve the forgotten password is written above should be followed.
- If there is still some issue, then it is probable that the GSTN seems to have some compatibility issues with Google Chrome or Firefox. Use any other web browser for better results like Internet Explorer.
If you are confused regarding GST as a business owner, you can always consult the GST experts. You can get detailed aid on GST Registration and GST Return Filing. You can also use our GST software in order to perform end-to-end GST compliance.